We have three main aims:
1. To empower women through classical dance training as a life skill and uplift the Classical arts of dance and music in India by mass training and presentations.
2.To educate children from the poorer sections of society with a good Standard English education, good nutrition, computer learning and culture at a minimum cost.
3.To conduct research on the beneficial and therapeutic effects of Indian Classical dances on the development of he body of the earner and spread this awareness through media and lecture demonstrations.
For the achievement of the above purpose, SUNAINA has 3 branches- the cultural wing, Nrityabharati. In Nrityabharati affiliated to the Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidhyala Mandal -Miraj, Guru Smt. Kanaka Sudhakar & all the teachers have trained hundreds of students to perfect the art form of Bharatanatyam along with classical music & folk dances as compulsory subjects.
BMSCAC-the educational wing, under the guidance and Directorship of Guru Kanaka Sudhakar children from the very poor and lower income group get modern education along with free training in classical dance, music, computers and fine arts. Stress is laid upon instilling knowledge about nature cure and naturally prepared food is distributed free of cost.
KALA KHOJ, the research wing in which research is being conducted on different beneficial aspects of Indian classical dances. Lecture demonstrations have been conducted so far in different organizations like the Sahitya Kala Parishad, IGNCA, IIC, India Habitat Centre, and many schools ad institutions.
For Donations please click the link:
- SUNAINA's DVDs- NRITTAM, UNDERSTANDING OF BHARATANATYAM ADAVU & YOGIC AEROBICS, A COMPLETE FITNESS PROGRAM
- Andhra & Pune Competitions- Nrityabharati students compete in the Akhil Bharatiya Sankrutik Sangha, Pune National Dance competitions and Kala Nilayam, Andhra National Dance competitions.
- 14th May 2014- V Vaishnavi, disciple of Guru Kanaka Sudhakar, will perform on the occasion of Buddha Jayanti in Delhi Tamil Sangam, RK Puram at 6pm.
- 10th June 2014- V Vaishnavi, disciple of Guru Kanaka Sudhakar, will perform on the occasion of Pradosham in Brihadeeshwara temple, Tanjavur, Tamil Nadu
- 6th July 2014- SUNAINA ON THE OCCASION OF COMPLETING ITS 20TH YEAR WILL CELEBRATE BY HOSTING A SHORT COLOURFUL PROGRAM AND A MEET OF ARTISTS AND SUPPORTERS AT KARNATAKA SANGHA, RK PURAM.
- 26th July 2014- Anusha Ramachandram, disciple of Guru Kanaka Sudhakar will present her arangetramat the Delhi Tamil Sangam at 6 pm.