We have three main aims:
1. To empower women through classical dance training as a life skill and uplift the Classical arts of dance and music in India by mass training and presentations.
2.To educate children from the poorer sections of society with a good Standard English education, good nutrition, computer learning and culture at a minimum cost.
3.To conduct research on the beneficial and therapeutic effects of Indian Classical dances on the development of he body of the earner and spread this awareness through media and lecture demonstrations.
For the achievement of the above purpose, SUNAINA has 3 branches- the cultural wing, Nrityabharati. In Nrityabharati affiliated to the Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidhyala Mandal -Miraj, Guru Smt. Kanaka Sudhakar & all the teachers have trained hundreds of students to perfect the art form of Bharatanatyam along with classical music & folk dances as compulsory subjects.
BMSCAC-the educational wing, under the guidance and Directorship of Guru Kanaka Sudhakar children from the very poor and lower income group get modern education along with free training in classical dance, music, computers and fine arts. Stress is laid upon instilling knowledge about nature cure and naturally prepared food is distributed free of cost.
KALA KHOJ, the research wing in which research is being conducted on different beneficial aspects of Indian classical dances. Lecture demonstrations have been conducted so far in different organizations like the Sahitya Kala Parishad, IGNCA, IIC, India Habitat Centre, and many schools ad institutions.
For Donations please click the link:
- February 8th 2014: Aparajita Sarma, daughter & disciple of Guru Kanaka Sudhakar, will present NANDANAR CHARITRAM, at The Delhi Tamil Sangam Auditorium, Sec 5, RK Puram, New Delhi.
- 15th February 2014- Guru Smt Kanaka Sudhakar presenets Navarasa Nayaki with her senior disciples at the Uttara Guruvayoorappan Temple, Phase I, Mayur Vihar (Near Mayur Vihar Phase I Metro Station) New Delhi at 7pm..
- 28th February 2014- Guru Smt Kanaka Sudhakar and her Senior Disciples will perform at Natyanjali Festival, Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
- 28th February 2014- Sapna Attawar and Anusha Ramachandran will present duet Bharatanatyam recital, 'Evolution' for University of Chemical Technology, Seminar Hall, Block C, GGS Indraprastha University on Friday at 7:00pm
- 1st March 2014- Guru Smt Kanaka Sudhakar and her Senior Disciples will perform at Natyanjali Festival, Tiruvarur nd Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu
- 2nd March 2014- Guru Smt Kanaka Sudhakar and her Senior Disciples will perform at Natyanjali Festival, Tanjavur, Tamil Nadu
- 2nd March 2014- Vaishnavi Vishwanath, disciple of Guru Smt Kanaka Sudhakar will present solo Bharatanatyam recital at Shree Ram Mandir, Dwarka at 6:30 pm.
- 19th April 2014- Sadhvi Sundaresan, disciple of Guru Smt Kanaka Sudhakar, will perform her Bharatanatyam Arangetram at the The Delhi Tamil Sangam Auditorium, Sec 5, RK Puram, New Delhi.